Eggs, potatoes and olive oil and salt. (you can also add onions or peppers).
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium sized squares.
- Sprinkle them with salt and fry in hot olive oil until they begins to turn golden. It's better if they are not well cooked and they are cooked gently in the oil, so that omelette is moister.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs with a little salt. Mix eggs with the potatoes.
- Pour a small amount of oil in the frying pan and heat.
- Place your potato and egg mixture into the pan and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes or until you see it turning golden. Do not overcook as it will be dry.
- When it's ready on one side, put a plate on the top of the frying pan, quickly flip the frying pan over so the omelette is on the plate, slide the omelette into the frying pan to cook the other side.
- Serve immediately, cut into triangles.
- You can accompany it with mayonnaise or tomato sauce.
- There are a lot of different types of Spanish omelette. You can cook whichever type you like most with peppers, onions, beans using this method.
- You can serve it as an aperitif or at any time, for lunch, dinner or as a breakfast if you want.